Created by David Daniel
ALEX RASMUSSEN used to be a cop in the industrial town of Lowell, Massachusetts, a town almost as battered and beat down as he is. His dismissal from the force and a divorce have left him a little dazed, not to mention lonely and occasionally a little too fond of drink.
His first case, The Heaven Stone (1993), has Rasmussen hired by Ada Chan Stewart, a Chinese-American social worker to investigate the murder of Bhuntan Tran, a leading member of the Cambodian community in Lowell. It won the 1993 St. Martins/PWA Best First Private Eye Contest.
- “Daniel was the winner of the Best First Private Eye Novel in 1993 for The Heaven Stone. He continues to build on that promise with the Rasmussen series. The characters are painfully human, the dialogue sharp without being over the top, and the small-town ambience dead-on. Fans of Pronzini’s Nameless or Randisi’s Joe Keough will find Rasmussen a welcome addition to their lists of usual suspects.”
— Wes Lukowsky on Goofy Foot
- The Heaven Stone (1993) | Buy this book | Kindle it!
- The Skelly Man (1995) | Buy this book | Kindle it!
- Goofy Foot (2004) | Buy this book | Kindle it!
- The Marble Kite (2005) | Buy this book | Kindle it!