Created by Gary Corby
Still craving something ancient-y? But you’re tired of of all those damn togas?
May I suggest Gary Corby’s cheeky historical novels about NICOLAOS, “the only private investigator in ancient Greece”?
Or, more precisely, what is often referred to as Athen’s “Golden Age,” that sweet spot between the Persian and the Peloponnesian Wars, when Athens flourished politically, economically and culturally. He’s not exactly hanging out a shingle, though–he’s employed by the wealthy young and ambitious Pericles, the soon-to-be big shot Athenian statesman, orator and general, who likes to keep an “eye” on things.
And Nicolaos is that eye. And it’s sure better than starving. Or re-enlisting in the army–Nicolaos has already served his obligatory two years of military training.
Not the he’s hanging around the mean streets of Athens exclusively–sure, he may be looking into some skullduggery at the 460 B.C. Olympics or skulking around the Great Dionysia, the city’s celebrated annual arts festival, but this wisecracking gumshoe got around, accompanying the aspiring historian Herodotu to Egypt, or traveling to the sacred isle of Delos, the birthplace of the divine twins Apollo and Artemis.
Australian author Gary Corby has long been fascinated by ancient history, finding it more exciting and bizarre than any modern thriller. He’s combined the ancient world with his love of whodunits, to create an historical mystery series set in classical Greece. Gary lives in Sydney with his wife and two daughters.
- The Pericles Commission (2010) | Buy this book | Kindle it!
- The Ionia Sanction (2011) | Buy this book | Buy the audio | Kindle it!
- Sacred Games (2013) | Buy this book | Buy the audio | Kindle it!
- The Marathon Conspiracy (2014) | Buy this book | Buy the audio | Kindle it!
- Death Ex Machina (2015) | Buy this book | Buy the audio | Kindle it!
- The Singer from Memphis (2016) | Buy this book | Kindle it!
- Death on Delos (2017) | Buy this book | Buy the audio | Kindle it!