Created by Rick Boyer
CHARLIE “DOC” ADAMS is a Concord, Massachusetts-based oral surgeon who keeps getting drawn into investigations. Most are pretty hard-boiled (in the first, Billingsgate Shoals, he defeats a pursuing black hat by dropping a broken chunk of cast iron pipe down an enclosed exterior ladder, neatly slicing the guy’s face off.)
Probably the best of the series is The Daisy Ducks (1986) although the first, Billingsgate Shoal, won a Best Novel Edgar.
Doc’s favourite fishing buddy is apparently William Tapply’s Brady Coyne, who seems to mentionDoc in every book in the series.
- “Rick Boyer is from Boston and he knows the town. He also knows how to write and the combination is terrific.”
— Robert B. Parker
- Billingsgate Shoal (1982) | Buy this book
- The Penny Ferry (1984) | Buy this book
- The Daisy Ducks (1986) | Buy this book
- Moscow Metal (1987) | Buy this book
- The Whale’s Footprints (1988) | Buy this book
- Gone to Earth (1990) | Buy this book
- Yellow Bird (1991) | Buy this book
- Pirate Trade (1995) | Buy this book
- The Man Who Whispered (1998) | Buy this book