Created by John Lantigua
Edgar-nominated author John Lantigua introduced Cuban-American private eye WILLIE CUESTA in Player’s Vendetta (1999), who’s set up shop in Miami’s Little Havana, when he’s not working security at Caliente, his big brother Tommy’s salsa club.
A former police detective for the Miami PD, has plenty of contacts on the streets, on both sides of the law, although many of his cases take unexpected turns, perhaps most meorably in The Ultimate Havana (2001), which offered a thoroughly entertaining dive into the world of counterfeit Cuban cigars.
Former Miami Herald reporter Lantigua has also written several non-P.I thrillers, including Burn Season, Heat Lightning and Twister, as well as the historical novel La ficha roja.
- “Lantigua knows the Caribbean and Miami the way Chandler knew Los Angeles.”
— Paul Levine
- Player’s Vendetta (1999) | Buy this book
- The Ultimate Havana (2001) | Buy this book
- The Lady from Buenos Aries (2007) | Buy this book
- On Hallowed Ground (2011) | Buy this book | Kindle it!
- “The Jungle” (2001, And the Dying Is Easy)
- “The Cuban Prisoner” (September-October 2018, EQMM)
- “In the War Zone of the Heart” (March/April 202, AHMM)
- “The Harder They Fall” (July/August 2020, AHMM)
- “The Man from Scotland Yard Dances Salsa” (November/December 2020, AHMM)
- Remember My Face (2020) | Buy this book | Kindle it!
- Freshly Squeezed
Respectfully submitted by Kevin Burton Smith.