Created by Janet Evanovch
New York City’s GABRIELA ROSE is not a private eye. She’s a “recovery agent.”
Like Travis McGee isn’t a private eye—he’s a “salvage consultant.”
Officially, Gabriela’s job is to “recover” treasures, knickknacks, heirlooms, assets, documents and other assorted items that have taken a powder. All for a fee, of course.
Fortunately, Gabriela’s no cream puff—she’s hard-nosed, if not exactly hard-boiled, type—smart, savvy, resourceful and more than able to handle herself, being “well trained in weapons of all types.” And her adventures take her far beyond dusty county clerk offices or Public Storage units in East New Jersey. In her fast-paced, promising debut, she’s off to the Caribbean, Ecuador, Costa Rica, New York City, California, and the jungles of Peru, in search of King Solomon’s ring and the “lost treasure of Lima.”
Of course, this being EvanovichLand, there’s a sexy ex-husband, Rafer Jones, lurking about, who just happens to have a treasure map that could help Gabriela, and there are still sparks (romantic and otherwise) flying between the two. Still, when they’re not bickering (and cracking wise) about past grievances or dodging poisonous snakes and murderous druglords, they make an impressive duo—a duo we’re assured will be returning soon.
If you think you’re hearing echoes of Romancing the Stone or Raiders of the Lost Ark, you may be right.
Just imagine Indiana Jones in La Perla panties.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Romance and mystery writer Janet Evanovich has written over forty New York Times bestsellers, most featuring New Jersey bounty hunter Stephanie Plum.
- “This coincidence-filled adventure barrels along toward a good-natured, smiles-all-around ending. Evanovich’s many fans will be in heaven.”
— Publisher’s Weekly
- “I burned through The Recovery Agent…Don’t think too hard about what’s happening or start poking holes in the plot; just read and enjoy. I know I did.”
—Sarah Weinman (The New York Times)
- “Prepare for twists, action, and one of the best books of the year.”
— Mystery & Suspense
- “Moves at lightning speed and never stops…This new series feels distinct from Evanovich’s other hits, but every bit as addictive.”
— Mystery Scene
- The Recovery Agent (2022) | Buy this book | Buy the audio | Kindle it!