Created by Lauren Henderson
Punky, irreverent SAM JONES, young sculptor and occasional aerobics instructor, not to mention accidental private investigator, bouncing around the London art scene. She’s feisty, tough, sarcastic, and a thoroughly modern millie dipped in hipster chic. As one would-be, teacup-rattling social critic on DorothyL pointed out “I don’t think Lauren’s character is so much amoral, but that her morals reflect those of younger generations in Britain today.”
Not that Sam’s really a P.I. She’s been described as “the little sister of Kate Brannigan (Val McDermid’s Manchester sleuth), but, like Sparkle Hayter’s Robin Hudson, she’s really more of an amateur sleuth, with enough attitude to flatten anyone who opposes her presence here. Who am I, a mere editor, to object?
My favourite definition? “Art chick-cum-sleuth.”
And, alleged pig that I am, what’s not to like about a smart, witty, randy, beer-drinking, rubber-clad sleuth?
These are great books, fall-down funny. Check ’em out…
- Dead White Female (1995) | Buy this book
- Too Many Blondes (1996) | Buy this book
- The Black Rubber Dress (1997) | Buy this book
- Freeze My Margarita (1998) | Buy this book
- The Strawberry Tattoo (1999) | Buy this book
- Chained (2000) | Buy this book | Kindle it!
- Pretty Boy (2001) | Buy this book | Kindle it!