Created by Will Thomas
At the close of the nineteenth century, CYRUS BARKER (“undoubtedly England’s premiere private enquiry agent”) and his assistant THOMAS LLEWELYN ply their trade on the fog-shrouded (and pointedly multicultural) Victorian streets of London, in an atmospheric historical series of mysteries by Will Thomas.
Not exactly Sherlock Holmes, perhaps, but Sherlock-adjacent, and the author should get props for pulling back the veil on Victorian England’s social, cultural and class divides in a manner that ought to appeal to fans of Anne Perry, Charles Finch or, to be fair, Arthur Morrison.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Will Thomas is the author of the Cyrus Barker and Thomas Llewelyn series, including The Black Hand, The Hellfire Conspiracy, The Limehouse Text, To Kingdom Come, and the Shamus and Barry award-nominated Some Danger Involved. He lives with his family in Oklahoma.
- Some Danger Involved (2004) | Buy this book | Buy the audio | Kindle it!
- To Kingdom Come (2005)
- The Limehouse Text (2006)
- The Hellfire Conspiracy (2007)
- The Black Hand (2008)
- Fatal Enqiry (2014)
- Anatomy of Evil (2015)
- Hell Bay (2016)
- Old Scores (2017)
- Blood is Blood (2018)
- Lethal Pursuit (2019) | Buy this book | Buy the audio | Kindle it!
- Dance With Death (2021) | Buy this book | Buy the audio | Kindle it!
- Fierce Poison (2022) | Buy this book | Buy the audio | Kindle it!
- “An Awkward Way to Die” (2017, digital) | Kindle it!
Respectfully submitted by Kevin Burton Smith.