Created by Lori G. Armstrong
JULIE COLLINS is stuck in a dead-end secretarial job with the Bear Butte County Sheriff’s office in western South Dakota, working part-time as a P.I. with her childhood friend Kevin Wells. Still grieving over the unsolved murder of her Lakota half-brother, Julie counters her bone-deep cynicism with tequila, cigarettes, and dangerous men. She’s usually drawn into cases against her better judgment and sticks with them until the bitter end.
Blood Ties (2005), which marked Julie’s debut, was nominated for a Shamus Award for Best First Novel by The Private Eye Writers of America. It’s sequel, Hallowed Ground (2006), and Snow Blind (2008), were also nominated, for Best Paperback Original.
Fans of Julie should check out Armstrong’s other Shamus-winning series character, tough-as-nails former army sniper Mercy Gunderson who’s recently returned from Iraq, and is also trying to find a way back into her life in South Dakota.
- “…a fascinating tale of intrigue that will sweep you into a world of horror and suspense.”
–Clive Cussler on Blood Ties
- “Hard-drinking, chain-smoking P.I. Julie Collins has a fascinating, multidimensional personality, as do all the characters in this story. Armstrong’s writing continues to be fresh and exciting in the second book of this series.”
— 4 Stars,Romantic Times BOOKClub Reviews on Hallowed Ground
- Blood Ties (2005) | Buy this book | Kindle it!
- Hallowed Ground (2006) | Buy this book | Kindle it!
- Shallow Grave (2007) | Buy this book | Kindle it!
- Snow Blind (2008) | Buy this book | Kindle it!
Respectfully submitted by Lori G. Armstrong.