Created by Jeffrey Round
When we first meet him in Lake on the Mountain (2013), winner of the 2013 Lambda Literary Award for Gay Mystery, DAN SHARP is a single dad and missing persons investigator in Toronto who offers a few twists. Not only is he gay, but more amazingly, perhaps, his child is a boy!
In a genre overcrowded with clueless detective dads struggling to patch up tattered relationships with moody, unstable (but always precocious) teenage daughters, it’s almost a relief to meet Ked, who seems –so far — to be a relatively well-adjusted kid. Not bad for a kid who was the result of too much alcohol and Dan’s one and only attempt at sex with a woman.
As it is, Dan shares custody with Ked’s mother, and everything’s theoretically hunky-dory. But hey, we’re talking crime fiction here, and this ain’t no romance dressed up in P.I. drag –this is the real deal.
Dan is a private eye, and so we get to follow him as he gets into all sorts of private eye-type shenanigans involving missing persons, the sex trade, snooty Torontonians, the gay community, various serial killers, Queen City cowboys, kidnappers and a crack-smoking mayor.
Oh, and at least initially, his commitment-phobic sometime-partner Bill, who has a thing for sleazy pickups, drugs, and sex a little bit rougher than Dan signed up for.
Fortunately for Dan, rumours are that Dan trades up, in this tough, popular series…
- “Jeffrey Round is the gay Margaret Atwood!”
— Luba Goy
- Lake on the Mountain (2013) | Buy this book | Buy the audio | Kindle it!
- Pumpkin Eater (2014) | Buy this book | Buy the audio | Kindle it!
- The Jade Butterfly (2015) | Buy this book | Kindle it!
- After the Horses (2015) | Buy this book | Kindle it!
- The God Game (2018) | Buy this book | Kindle it!
- Shadow Puppet (2019) | Buy this book | Kindle it!
- Lion’s Head Revisited (2020) | Buy this book | Kindle it!