Created by Adam Carpenter
Pushing thirty when we first meet him, in Hidden Identity (2014), Hell’s Kitchen private investigator JIMMY McSWAIN is still haunted by the unsolved murder of his father, NYPD officer Joseph McSwain — a shooting he witnessed when he was fourteen. Fourteen years later, he’s still working the case…
With or without the help of sexy NYPD Captain Francis X. Frisano, whom he’s been having an on-again, off-again relationship for years, in this M/M series, The Jimmy McSwain Files, by Adam Carpenter.
- “Jimmy McSwain is an excellent addition to the annals of the gay private eye–this is a very smart, cool, and fun start to what I hope will be a long-running series.”
— Greg Herren
- “In the long tradition of stories about Manhattan’s West Side and Hell’s Kitchen, the once rough-and-tumble stronghold of working class Irish Americans, Carpenter joins the dynamic ranks of Block and Berkowitz. Hidden Identity introduces readers to Jimmy McSwain, an equally rough-and-tumble, working class, Irish American PI who, like his neighborhood, isn’t quite what he appears to be. Equally comfortable in low rent dives, beer-soaked pubs and Dress-Up Clubs as he is on Broadway, McSwain gallivants about his city with confidence and swagger.”
— Anthony Bidulka
- Hidden Identity (2014) | Buy this book | Buy the audio | Kindle it!
- Crime Wave (2015) | Buy this book | Buy the audio | Kindle it!
- Stage Fright (2016) | Buy this book | Kindle it!
- Guardian Angel (2016) | Buy this book | Kindle it!
- Forever Haunt (2017) | Buy this book | Kindle it!
- Fresh Kill (2019) | Buy this book | Kindle it!