Created by David Coleman
TOM DONOVAN used to be a cop, working on the historic East Side of Buffalo, NY, until the night he was involved in the deaths of an unarmed man and a Federal agent. The first book in the series, Rust Belt Redemption (2013), picks up two years later when Donovan is working for a private investigator when his current case and past events collide.
Past versus present is a common theme in the series as the second book, Shadow Boxing (2014), has Donovan questioning the “accident” that killed his father twenty years ago and dealing with old family issues. Souvenir (2015), the third book in the series blends the present-day investigation of a series of assaults with issues dredged out of the past when Donovan’s crooked grandfather dies, stirring up the past again, while the most recent, East Side Elegy (2018), finds Donovan trying to clean up his act, despite the fact his new business and office have been partially paid by dirty money.
David Coleman was born and raised in Buffalo New York and is currently living in Hamburg, New York, with his wife and two daughters.
STRAIGHT FROM THE AUTHOR’S MOUTH
- “I’ve been an avid reader of crime fiction for years. One of the things I really enjoyed about authors like Lawrence Block and Michael Connelly is the way that the setting of the story becomes an integral part of it, almost like another character. I thought maybe I could do that with my hometown.The people, the places and the history of Buffalo could fill up volumes on their own, but I wanted to weave them into stories. From the mansions along Delaware Park, to the housing projects on the East Side.”
— David Coleman
- Rust Belt Redemption (2013) | Buy this book | Kindle it!
- Shadow Boxing (2014) | Buy this book | Kindle it!
- Souvenir (2015) | Buy this book | Kindle it!
- East Side Elegy (2018) | Buy this book | Kindle it!
- Rust Belt Writer
David Coleman’s official site.