Private Eyes of the West Coast
- Arthur Beauchamp by William Deverall (Garibaldi Island)
- Gene Castle by Jim Christy (1930’s-era Vancouver)
- Donegal Dawn by Guy Morton (Vancouver)
- Michael Drayton by Sam Wiebe (Vancouver)
- Helen Keremos by Eve Zaremba (Vancouver)
- John Collins by Zale R. Dalens (Vancouver)
- Jack Elton by Robert Scott
- Leo Falloon by Brent Butt (Vancouver)
- Michael Flynn by Lyal Brown (Granville Island, Vancouver)
- Joe Grundy by Marc Strange (Vancouver)
- Hakeem Jinnah by Don Hauka (Vancouver)
- Meg Lacey by Elisabeth Bowers (Vancouver)
- Karl Morgen by Dietrich Kalteis (Vancouver)
- Kevin J. Porter by John F. Parker (Vancouver)
- Caitlin Reece by Lauren Wright Douglas (Victoria)
- Danylo Rudnicki by Paul Grescoe (Vancouver)
- Margaret Spencer by Gwendolyn Spencer (1950’s Vancouver)
- Sally Sullivan & Bernie Fox by Chris Haddock (Vancouver)
- Jane Sunday by Rick Dewhurst (Vancouver)
- Dave Wakeland by Sam Wiebe
- Nora Watts by Sheena Kamal
- Vancouver Noir (2018; Sam Wiebe, editor) | Buy this book | Buy the audio | Kindle it!
Akashic visits Vancouver, with our pal Sam driving the cab.
- Vancouver: Books And Murder In Terminal City
Paul French visits the rain-soaked mean streets of Vancouver (May 2021, CrimeReads)
Respectfully compiled by Kevin Burton Smith.
The stil photo is from Out of the Shadows, a 1957 docudrama produced for the Salvation Army in 1957 by Lew Parry Film Productions, about a homeless alcoholic on Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside.