Created by Rob Hart
A seemingly eternally recovering addict and would-be hard-boiled hero with a rude wit and a Chandler-sized romantic streak, ASH McKENNA bumbles and stumbles his way through a series of misadventures (and cities), in this winning five-novel series by Rob Hart.
Make no mistake — Ash is no private eye, but he sure acts like one, doing favours for friends and sticking his nose deep into other people’s business, whether it’s tracking down a drag queen’s missing buddy or hunting a killer.
Oh, wait! Looks like I misspoke. In Potter’s Field (2018), the final entry in the series, Ash returns to New York City (after visits to Portland, Georgia and — WTF? — Prague) does get a P.I. license.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Rob Hart is the author of The Warehouse, a bestselling near-future thriller about a a giant tech company that’s eaten up much of the American economy (now available on Amazon). He’s also the author of the Paradox Hotel, another near-future thriller–this one about January Cole, a house dick in a hotel which offers time travel. The author lives in New York City sometime in the present.
- “A bloody valentine to a New York fast disappearing, this debut is an urban noir populated with memorable characters.”
— Library Journal on New Yorked
- “(Ash’s) landscape (for NYC contains multitudes) is the rapidly gentrifying East Village and its cohorts in Brooklyn. For people who are new to the city—new meaning pre-aughts—New Yorked is a love letter to how the city was pre-9/11 and pre-hipster.”
— The Great Hipster Mystery (April 2019, CrimeReads)
- New Yorked (2015) | Buy this book | Kindle it!
- City of Rose (2016) | Buy this book | Kindle it!
- South Village (2016) | Buy this book | Kindle it!
- The Woman from Prague (2017) | Buy this book | Kindle it!
- Potter’s Field (2018) | Buy this book | Kindle it!
Respectfully submitted by Kevin Burton Smith.