Created by Gerrie Ferris Finger
MORIAH DRU, she of the “fair skin and shining blue eyes,” quit the Atlanta Police Department to start up Child Trace, Inc. There she specializes in bringing home children who’ve disappeared from foster or custodial homes, usually on behalf of one of Georgia’s public safety agencies, and often finds herself caught in the middle of some truly noxious custody battles and the like. Not that her backstory’s exactly peaches and cream either: her dad committed suicide when she was in high school, and her cop fiancé was gunned down in a drive-by five years previously. Like she says, she’s “been to a lot of rodeos.”
Fortunately, she can usually count on the assistance of her current boyfriend, police Lieutenant Richard Lake.
The stakes might be high, and the situations grim, but don’t go looking for any blood’n’guts Andrew Vacchs-style vigilantism here. The author won The Malice Domestic/St. Martin’s Minotaur Best First Traditional Novel for The End Game, the first book in the series, and the seventh in the series, Wolf’s Clothing (2018), has Dru searching for a missing police dog. Gerrie grew up in Missouri, but has worked mostly in the South as a journalist for The Atlanta Constitution.
- The End Game (2010) | Buy this book | Kindle it!
- The Last Temptation (2012) | Buy this book | Kindle it!
- The Devil Laughed (2013) | Buy this book
- Murmurs of Insanity (2014) | Buy this book
- Running with Wild Blood (2015) | Buy this book | Kindle it
- American Nights (2016) | Buy this book | Kindle it!
- Wolf’s Clothing (2018) | Buy this book | Kindle it!
- No Stranger to Murder (2020) | Buy this book | Kindle it!