Official Occupations of Some Popular Accidental Eyes
They look like private eyes.
They sound like private eyes.
They smell like Private eyes.
They even taste like private eyes.
But they’re not private eyes. Their jobs don’t naturally lead to them investigating crime, but call them what you will, these eyes by accident, these gifted (or not so gifted) amateurs with attitude are the real (or sometimes surreal) deal.
- Ronnie Jackson (My Favorite Brunette)
- John Deal by Les Standiford
- Steve Bentley by Robert Dietrich (E. Howard Hunt)
- Nicky Mahoun by Clark Smith
- James “Whit” Whitney by David Dodge
COMIC BOOK WRITER
- Carman Valdez by Alex Segura
- Doc Adams by Rick Boyer
EMPLOYMENT AGENCY MANAGER
- Mike Trye by Alan Farley
- Oliver Quade by Frank Gruber
PROFESSOR OF SOCIOLOGY
- Professor Stanley Hopkins by Paul J. Heald
- Myron Bolitar by Harlan Coben
- Darby Holland by Jeff Johnson
- “Bookie” Barnes by Robert Reeves
And for other eyes that aren’t eyes, but really are, see:
- You Better Get Some Insurance, Baby You’re in Good Hands With These Eyes
- Bounty Hunters
- Stop the Presses! Newsroom Eyes
- Death Flags a Cab Taxi-Driving Eyes (and Limos Too!)
- Lawyer Eyes
- Hotel Dicks
- Moonlighting Eyes
- Repo Men
- On the Con: Scam Artists
- Pole Positions Stripper Detectives
- An Eye By Any Other Name Official and Not-So-Official Occupations of Some Popular Eyes
Respectfully compiled by Kevin Burton Smith. Hey, it’s my prerogative… (and my site).